Monday, August 20, 2012

We Survived!!!!

I spent a little bit of time yesterday working out a few assignments for today and Tuesday, focusing on Language Arts and Math. Once we get the hang of it we will incorporate other subjects as well. I didn't want to bombard the kids or myself with overload.

1 Math page front and back for both kids. Our Language Arts curriculum has an online component which is nice. I will admit that I fumbled around on the online component trying to figure it out. Still not sure I got it down all the way, but I do have enough figured out to get us going. Both kids enjoyed their LA online. My son had 3 LA worksheets and he did a spelling pretest. He missed 2 out of 13. So proud of him. My daughter had 4 LA worksheets.

We began our day at about 8:30a starting off with running a few errands, including the grocery store. We got down to business about 10:30a and had a nice lunch break. At this time the kids began their LA worksheets. However, my son began to have a melt down and I made a deal with him, finish the worksheet he was on and we would take a break and treat ourselves to a dip in the pool. Forty minutes in the pool and back to studying for 20 minutes to finish their work.

All of that and I was able to squeeze in a some housework and dinner is cooking in the Crockpot. I am thankful today went over well. Our adventure has started off on a good note and the kids are looking forward to tomorrow. I enjoyed the flexibility of our day and being able to spend time with each one of my children helping them with their work.

All in all............. TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment