Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Money Saving Laundry Soap

I don't mind spending money when I need to, I just don't like spending MORE than I need to. As a SAHM, I am always trying to find ways to save money and make my pennies stretch. I had heard of people making their own laundry soap and I was eager to try it out.

The first batch I made was on 2/29/2012 and I made 4 gallons, I used the last of it today. There is a total of 5 in our household. My wallet is screaming with savings. My first batch was made using a recipe I found on Hillbilly Housewife. I loved how clean my clothes were. I honestly feel that our clothes were much cleaner than when I used commercial brand soap. Today, however, I am using the Duggar Family (from 19 Kids and Counting on TLC).

I know many will ask, "Why if you loved one recipe would you try another?" It all comes down to my pennies. Each recipe uses slightly different ingredients and amounts. I am trying to see which one stretches my pennies farther and still gives me my desired result. CLEAN CLOTHES.

No comments:

Post a Comment