Friday, May 11, 2012

Practice, Practice and more Practice

Three different sugar cookie recipes later and I have found my favorite one. The Sugar Cookie Recipe is from The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle and so is the Royal Icing. If you have never heard of The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle, I highly recommend heading over and taking a look at her blog. I have learned a lot from her and the information she provides has helped me to avoid some of those first timer frustrations. These cookies were made using a Onesie cookie cutter from the Wilton. My cookies are no where near perfect but I am happy with how they came out. I used a #2 and #3 tip for piping and decorating (I need to get #1 and #1.5 to be able to do the finer detail) and the flow icing was done using a Wilton Squeeze Bottle. Techniques used where wet on dry and wet on wet. The top photo are cookies decorated yesterday and the bottom photo are from cookies decorated this morning. I invite you to leave me a comment on what you like and don't like about these cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment